Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
New Palestine High School is an above average, public school located in New Palestine, IN. It has 1,183 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
New Palestine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A259 Students
- B229 Students
- A+193 Students
- B141 Students
- C+119 Students
- A-94 Students
- B69 Students
- B62 Students
- B+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like New Palestine High School
- B+Eastern Hancock High School
- Eastern Hancock County Community School Corporation, IN
- 50 reviews
- BTriton Central High School
- Northwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 153 reviews
- B-Greenfield-Central High School
- Greenfield-Central Community Schools, IN
- 227 reviews
- B+Mt. Vernon High School
- Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation, IN
- 221 reviews
New Palestine High School Reviews
For a school that seems to be extremely involved in student behavior, the majority of the punishment is aimed at the students who break the rules for their personal benefit rather than those who intentionally put down others. Vaping is a big problem at this school and it has become quite apparent that the administration will go above and beyond to prevent this from happening within the building or on their property. While I do believe this is beneficial for the well being of the students, I do not think it should be disciplined with more harshness than the excessive bullying that also occurs. Racism is not rare with the extremely small percentage of minorities at New Pal. It is disheartening to know that the offensive slurs and derogatory remarks aimed at the nonwhite races within our place of education go unnoticed or disregarded. It seems that the a portion of the staff chalk it up as a he said she said scenario. If there was something I could change, it would be that.
I think most of the kids are small minded due to lack of diversity. Every teacher I’ve had at New Pal was white with basically no religious diversity, which I believe keeps kids sheltered and unprepared for the real world. No class really selves into the importance of diversity and respecting others, and many times students were outside hateful towards religions other than Christianity and sexuality’s that were not straight. Yet, I met teachers who wanted to shift that culture and I’ve made great friends during my school years at New Palestine. I wish it nothing but growth from here on out, and hope it can achieve a higher level of acceptance for people who are different than them.
I thought the academics were pretty great. There are some fantastic teachers at this school who truly care about their students both in and out of class. There are differing opinions on teachers though, so consult your guidance counselor and talk to friends or upperclassmen to decide which teacher is best for you should you be given the choice between more than one teacher for a class. The athletic programs here are solid and many sports are available for students to choose from. Club activities are also pretty good as well. There's a pretty diverse range of clubs that students can participate in, and you are free to start you own club like a few of my friends did. It's no secret that mental health has been a problem at the school in recent years, but I believe the school is doing their best to help students with whatever problems they need to talk about and work through. It can be difficult to find the right people in the student body, so be sure to find the right group of friends.