Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
New Oxford Senior High School is a public school located in New Oxford, PA. It has 1,206 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
New Oxford Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+117 Students
- B-75 Students
- B-73 Students
- A58 Students
- B57 Students
- A-55 Students
- A-55 Students
- B54 Students
- A+53 Students
- B49 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 110 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like New Oxford Senior High School
- B-Bermudian Springs High School
- Bermudian Springs School District, PA
- 92 reviews
- B-Biglerville High School
- Upper Adams School District, PA
- 122 reviews
- B+Northern High School
- Northern York County School District, PA
- 161 reviews
- B+West York Area High School
- West York Area School District, PA
- 179 reviews
New Oxford Senior High School Reviews
At this high school, I experienced great moments as well as terrible moments. There were kind teachers and there teachers who were blatantly rude to students. I know the school has changed around their program since I graduated, so I am not sure how it is currently running. But when I attended the school, very little was given to the arts, music, and extracurricular activities. Activities such as football, cheer leading, and lacrosse always received great appreciation and notice. Other activities successes were usually sidelined and never spoken about. Also, for future students, please teach them more about their future plans after high school. I can not express the stress I experienced trying to figure out what to do with my life after High School.
My experience at New Oxford High School is going fairly well, I have few complaints. Recently a CTC building was added onto the school, I believe this is a great addition especially for those interested in STEM or going into the work force after graduation. Students are provided with many resources to make learning easier such as IPads and other technology devices. The teachers and staff at New Oxford are all very friendly, except for one of the secretaries. Some things that could be improved at New Oxford is schedules, especially for seniors with a modified schedules. Food is a huge issue at this school, by the fourth lunch usually there is not any food left. Majority of the meals taste awful and everything is incredibly expensive. Another issue I have is with Varsity Club, outside of school sports should also be recognized within the club.
New Oxford senior High school is located in a very rural, diverse area that creates amazing experiences for us young adults looking to build lives for ourselves. Most of the teachers are very easy to talk to and connect with. I will be a biology major in college aiming towards the medical field, and I can say with much excitement that I will be entering the college program with everything I need to succeed in the science field. I believe we have on of the best science/anatomy programs in the district and the class are very hands on with many opportunities to participate In lab work, including dissection. My anatomy and biology teacher is a college professor, along with my English teacher, and I believe that I have been prepared with the tools and knowledge that I will need to succeed at college.