Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
New Lexington High School is a public school located in New Lexington, OH. It has 502 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- A+49 Students
- B30 Students
- D+29 Students
- C+25 Students
- B22 Students
- C22 Students
- A-20 Students
- C+19 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like New Lexington High School
- C+Fairfield Union High School
- Fairfield Union Local School District, OH
- 65 reviews
- C+Sheridan High School
- Northern Local School District, OH
- 52 reviews
- B-Maysville High School
- Maysville Local School District, OH
- 58 reviews
- C+Miller High School
- Southern Local School District (Corning), OH
- 50 reviews
New Lexington High School Reviews
I came from a private school in the area originally. At New Lexington High School, I was met by an amazing staff who cared for my well-being and my education. I have never experienced such a positive learning environment, being shown a diverse student body and new friends. As I enter my senior year, I hope to see the classes offered become as diverse as the student body. I would love to be able to take many more classes at this school in my limited schedule!
New Lexington High School is and always will be my home. I made so many great friends and the staff and teachers are like my family, they really care about the students. For being in a low income, appalachian region of Ohio, there are actually many opportunities. NLHS is home to the largest FFA chapter in Ohio, there is an amazing drama club, and many sports teams, plus an after school program that offers clubs for students to be in. NLHS really prepared me for college too. Between the AP and DE courses, I began college with 21 credits, and finished my first semester of freshman year a sophomore. My other classes were also rigorous enough and gave me a well rounded education. You get out what you put in :) GO PANTHERS!!!
My experience at NLHS has been pretty decent. The academics overall has been outstanding. They offer many college credit plus courses that allow students to earn college credits while still in high school. There is many programs that they offer to allow students to become more involved. Overall, my time here has been well worth going. I would definitely recommend students here.