New Kent High School is an above average, public school located in New Kent, VA. It has 985 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
New Kent High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+176 Students
- A122 Students
- A+114 Students
- B91 Students
- A+88 Students
- B-84 Students
- A+73 Students
- A-63 Students
- A-56 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
New Kent High School Reviews
I moved to New Kent my Sophomore year. The change was very different from my old school. New Kent had a few different things some good and some bad. A few of the good things were that everyone had respect for each other, teachers care about the student body, and the administration also showed that they care. Some of the bad thing were that there were lots of clicks compared to my old school and there was some racism but every school has it. Everyone says that they aren't going to miss it when they go off to college but I definitely will.
My overall experience has been great at New Kent! However, some of the rules are outrageous. For example, the school punishes your grade if you show up late to class. I find this to be very unlawful and unethical to punish a student for being late.
New Kent high school is a safe and caring school and facility tries their hardest to prepare students for real life. Teachers are very friendly and care about the student's education and motivate everyone to do their best. Many students who attend here are not always respectful and they need to not tolerate this misbehavior of the students. Most work environments are wonderful, but throughout the years I attended here there was numerous of times where my education was being affected by other students being disrespectful towards the teacher.