New Hope High School is a public school located in New Hope, AL. It has 387 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
New Hope High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-69 Students
- A51 Students
- A-43 Students
- B43 Students
- A42 Students
- B-39 Students
- B30 Students
- B27 Students
- A-25 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like New Hope High School
- B+Madison County High School
- Madison County Schools, AL
- 39 reviews
- BWoodville High School
- Jackson County Schools, AL
- PK, K-12
- 28 reviews
- BGuntersville High School
- Guntersville City Schools, AL
- 107 reviews
- B+Kate Duncan Smith DAR High School
- Marshall County Schools, AL
- 47 reviews
New Hope High School Reviews
I wish that this school had more choices for electives. The aspect of New Hope High School that was the most influential to my life was the close-knit, family feeling. Any student or faculty member would speak to anyone. I have also never seen another student body more accepting and welcoming towards new students. Everyone I came in contact with never hesitated to help anyone in need. The school's anchor club (the members of this club did community service work) was huge. The teachers make close bonds with the students that affect their lives for the better. I applaud New Hope for its community and positivity. Erin Nicole Clark, a previous student there, passed away in her junior year. She was the kindest person a lot of the students knew. Her passing broke the hearts of many students, and inspired them to carry on her loving attitude that resonated through those halls every single day. I can say that I witness that every day. I am proud to have attended this outstanding school!
The counselor need to get more information to the seniors and their parents about scholarships and not just give the information to her favorite students. The scholarship information need to be put on the announcement sheet at the school. Also, she needs to tell the students and parents where to look for scholarships. The school has very good administration. They are very helpful.
A very welcoming and close community that has great teachers and faculty! This school is like a family. You know all the students and everyone looks out for each other. We can count on most of our teachers to give us advice and to help us through hard times when needed.