New Haven High School is a public school located in New Haven, MI. It has 367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
New Haven High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B45 Students
- A37 Students
- B32 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+29 Students
- B26 Students
- B+26 Students
- B25 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review New Haven High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like New Haven High School
- C-Mount Clemens High School
- Mount Clemens Community School District, MI
- 29 reviews
- C-Clintondale High School
- Clintondale Community Schools, MI
- 68 reviews
- CRoseville High School
- Roseville Community Schools, MI
- 272 reviews
- NGAlternative Center for Education
- Rochester Community School District, MI
New Haven High School Reviews
I am currently a senior at New Haven High School. Considering how small the school district is, I always was able to find classes that suited me, and teachers who hadn't even taught me helped to me strive as a student. I am dual enrolling at Macomb, and my school paid for the class, I only paid $70 for my textbook, and no other fees. With New Haven, I'm able to get a jump start on my future. As previously stated, the fact that we are such a small school makes it incredibly easy to connect to everyone there, including the principal (beloved Mr. Timmerman).
The staff was alright, but didn't care as much as I've seen at other high schools. New Haven likes to make themselves appear to everyone besides the students like they invest much more than they do and care much more than they do. As a student who graduated a couple years back, I definitely know that the experience attending the school and working for the school are different in ways they shouldn't be. The staff does not care enough.
I was at this school for only 2 years so far. I still have one more year to go until I graduate. Honestly, my experience at this school was just average. I didn't love it but I also didn't hate it. It is not the best school that you could go to either because the students are not that great to be around either. Most of them are rude and annoying, you can probably find a few good people their. Most of the people are not as nice as they want you to think too. Like the administration, instead of caring about students being in class to learn, they care more about whether you can see a rip on a girls pants. To be honest, I'm not going to miss this school at all and I'm going to be glad to leave the following year.