New Glarus High School is an above average, public school located in New Glarus, WI. It has 235 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
New Glarus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- B20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like New Glarus High School
- B+Monroe High School
- Monroe School District, WI
- 78 reviews
- AOregon High School
- Oregon School District, WI
- 142 reviews
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 92 reviews
- AMount Horeb High School
- Mount Horeb Area School District, WI
- 112 reviews
New Glarus High School Reviews
New Glarus High School consists of a stereotypical small town atmosphere where the Principal is the Football Coach, last name "legacy"'s receive bloated attention, and practically the entire town shows up for a sports event. Actually scratch that, not any sports event, only the boys football or basketball games. Anything else that actually took time and effort to achieve high honors won't get mentioned. The education system, I admit, exceeds some other school districts, except for any of the arts departments.
Not much that I have liked recently. Sports are put above most, not a very diverse population, and if you are someone who is different then the average crowd, you sure feel like it. Students are welcoming. Had allowed political things (flags, shirts, etc.) to be worn, or brought to the school grounds, yet did not equally support all protests or political views. The principal does not understand students unless they play football. This last year there was a staff vs student situation that made it very uncomfortable to attend. Not diverse population, not very much diverse thinking.
I liked New Glarus, my class and teachers where definitely a good influence to me. I knew that I could always walk in and rarely ever feel not safe. There is barely any bulling and everyone is so close due to the school being very small. Unfortunately there are not a lot of class options due to the enrollment size being pretty small, but if you are interested in engineering or the medical field the classes for those are endless!