New Deal High School is an above average, public school located in New Deal, TX. It has 234 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
New Deal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-80 Students
- B-52 Students
- B36 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+13 Students
- A13 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like New Deal High School
- BCoronado High School
- Lubbock Independent School District, TX
- 259 reviews
- A-Idalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- 84 reviews
- BRoosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- A-Reese Educational Center
- Frenship Independent School District, TX
- 2 reviews
New Deal High School Reviews
I had a great learning experience and had new opportunities. I really appreciate what my teachers had taught me throughout my years at New Deal High School. They not only taught me school curriculum, they also taught me life lessons and tips for my journey into adulthood.
New Deal High School is generally more focused on sports than education. While this is sadly true, the friends and most of the teachers are unforgettable. The teachers that do care put in all of their effort and will do whatever it takes for you to learn.
We have many extracurricular activities including, football, track & field, basketball, baseball, softball, UIL, National Honor Society, and FCCLA. The overall involvement from parents to staff and to students is tremendous in this activities. Also at our school, we have a Flex Friday where they offer classes ranging from western dance to engineering. Flex Friday is where people such as professors or previous students come to share with us their professions and let us know how to further oyr education in that field if we are interested. These people are not paid and they volunteer their free time to educate us about their subjects.