New Castle Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in New Castle, PA. It has 773 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
New Castle Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B78 Students
- B-70 Students
- A+40 Students
- A39 Students
- A-36 Students
- B35 Students
- B-34 Students
- C+29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like New Castle Junior/Senior High School
- B-Beaver Falls Area Senior High School
- Big Beaver Falls Area School District, PA
- 33 reviews
- C+Lawrence County Career & Technical Center
- Public School
- New Castle, PA
- 49 reviews
- NGChoffin Career & Technical Center - High School
- Youngstown City School District, OH
- 7 reviews
- C+Memorial High School
- Campbell City School District, OH
- 44 reviews
New Castle Junior/Senior High School Reviews
This is a school full of loving staff members, however higher up, there seems to be corruption. Weather it be nepotism, coverups, rumors, or getting involved in student/family drama, a lot of the staff does not put professionalism first. The sports program was over funded, though excellent. The arts are dying in that school. With little to no budget, the art teachers, and even most of the academic teachers have to provide their own supplies for students. Though in recent years the staff and the professionalism has been changing, it is still not where it should be in such a small city.
I have truly enjoyed my experience so far at New Castle Senior High School. Although I am only a sophomore, I feel that I will be more than ready for college by the time I graduate thanks to the school's superb acedemics and teachers. The student population is very diverse and there seems to be no borders between different groups of people (race, sexuality, religion, etc). The sports teams at New Castle are outstanding. The students really get involved in supporting these teams. We like to say that we "bleed red and black". The food served has lacked over the past few years but a new menu was recently adopted and the food choices have improved immensely. The school is a beautiful building that is easy to navigate. Overall, New Castle Senior High School is a great place to receive an education and I would not want to earn my diploma at any other school.
My high school experience was something I would not want to give back. Our school has potential, but not a lot of people see it in themselves. Some teachers see it and try to help them realize it. I like that New Castle is a community where mostly everyone knows eachother and people aren't left out when others are part of a different social group or seen as different. If I could change something about the school it would be the favoritism that happens in the school with teachers towards students that are known for being good at sports. I would also change the dress code because poverty makes up most of our community and some students in the school are financially unstable. Students can't always afford getting "school clothes" to reach the color requirements. The idea of sacrificing a students education to go to in school suspension over the wrong color shirt is something I will never understand.