New Castle Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in New Castle, PA. It has 748 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
New Castle Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B94 Students
- B83 Students
- A+47 Students
- A46 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-38 Students
- B35 Students
- B-30 Students
- C+29 Students
- B-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like New Castle Junior/Senior High School
- B-Beaver Falls Area Senior High School
- Big Beaver Falls Area School District, PA
- 37 reviews
- CLawrence County Career & Technical Center
- Public School
- New Castle, PA
- 50 reviews
- NGChoffin Career & Technical Center - High School
- Youngstown City School District, OH
- PK, 11-12
- 8 reviews
- C+Memorial High School
- Campbell City School District, OH
- 49 reviews
New Castle Junior/Senior High School Reviews
New Castle is a great school district! Even though it does have a bad rap it is not anywhere near as bad as people say. 99.9% of the teacher honestly care about there students and want them to succeed. There is also a plethora of opportunities for students, especially in the Science, English, and STEM areas.
I like the extra opportunities that I have had at New Castle High School. I have had the opportunity to participate in many choir concerts out side of the school, I participated in the musicals, bowling, eco team, and National Honor Society. All of these opportunities have helped me grow as a person. Most of the teachers are very engaged with the students and very helpful and caring. The one thing that needs to change is the way the students treat each other.
This is a school full of loving staff members, however higher up, there seems to be corruption. Weather it be nepotism, coverups, rumors, or getting involved in student/family drama, a lot of the staff does not put professionalism first. The sports program was over funded, though excellent. The arts are dying in that school. With little to no budget, the art teachers, and even most of the academic teachers have to provide their own supplies for students. Though in recent years the staff and the professionalism has been changing, it is still not where it should be in such a small city.