New Canaan High School is a top rated, public school located in New Canaan, CT. It has 1,266 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
New Canaan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A132 Students
- A+112 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+88 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like New Canaan High School
- A+Weston High School
- Weston School District, CT
- 132 reviews
- A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- A+Byram Hills High School
- Byram Hills Central School District, NY
- 106 reviews
- A+Blind Brook High School
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- 44 reviews
New Canaan High School Reviews
New Canaan High School is an excellent high school in the safe and supportive town of New Canaan, Connecticut. The administrators and staff are always committed to helping students and supporting them to the best of their efforts. NCHS provides students with a wealth of resources and extracurricular opportunities and graduates classes well-prepared for college and future endeavors. As a school community, the culture at NCHS is addictive. Whether through pep rallies, school-wide assemblies, or large sporting events, one can always find members of the staff and student body supporting athletes and coaches on and off the fields. In addition, the arts are encouraged and appreciated through art shows and displays throughout the school. While NCHS is somewhat secluded and limited in its diversity within its student population, students are inclusive and kind to all. Ultimately, New Canaan High School is an excellent place that supports all students and faculty and all are treated well.
Had a great experience at the high school. There are talented faculty committed to helping students develop their abilities in a variety of different subject areas. The curriculum at the high school allows students to find their preferred course schedule, providing an adequate amount of rigor. The high school has a strong school spirit and culture that bonds the student body together, in addition to the staff. The guidance department is also very knowledgable and approachable.
The academics are excellent. The affluent town tries to acquire the best resources, teachers and administrators. There is competition with other county towns for the same. The elementary and middle schools follow suit - an expansion of the middle school was just completed. Sports are an important part of the experience with many students intending to play sports in college.