New Canaan High School is a top rated, public school located in New Canaan, CT. It has 1,251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
New Canaan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A112 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like New Canaan High School
- A+Weston High School
- Weston School District, CT
- 123 reviews
- A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- A+Byram Hills High School
- Byram Hills Central School District, NY
- 106 reviews
- A+Blind Brook High School
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- 44 reviews
New Canaan High School Reviews
I adored my involvement with New Canaan High School in light of the scholarly difficulties and distinctive open doors for learning. I have never felt exhausted with my classes at New Canaan High School, and I am constantly given the chance to attempt new courses. The courses are thorough, however, they generally instruct and persuade me to attempt my hardest in everything. Despite the fact that I have had an extraordinary involvement with NCHS, my school is intensely weighted into their games groups, and I do wish there was more consideration on the things like Art Clubs and Art occasions and our school paper, which I am engaged with. Despite the fact that I take an interest in three games groups, I do feel like there ought to be more consideration regarding different parts of our school and our understudy body.
As a graduate of New Canaan High School, I would say I have a healthy understanding of the environment and was very involved during my time there. As of now, I am thriving in college and I give much credit and many thanks to my teachers as well as administration for that. I was one of the few minority students, and although it was noticeable, I wasn’t uncomfortable because teachers would not make an effort to point me out as being different. Clubs and activities were helpful when it came to finding people either who looked like me or were similar to me in another way because you are joining clubs for things everyone in it is interested in.
I have loved my experience at NCHS starting on day one of entering the main building. The staff and students are helpful, the teachers want you to try your hardest, so they encourage and motivate you to push yourself academically. They also love to hear about their student's outside activities/extracurriculars they are involved with. Overall, a great atmosphere surrounds NCHS!