New Bremen High School is an above average, public school located in New Bremen, OH. It has 243 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
New Bremen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-16 Students
- A14 Students
- A-14 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like New Bremen High School
- A-Anna High School
- Anna Local School District, OH
- 57 reviews
- B+Fort Loramie Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Loramie Local School District, OH
- 18 reviews
- B+St. Henry High School
- St. Henry Consolidated Local School District, OH
- 31 reviews
- B+Botkins High School
- Botkins Local School District, OH
- 46 reviews
New Bremen High School Reviews
New Bremen is a really small town, which can create a good environment for close community and personal relationships with teachers and other students. However, there aren't as many opportunities for growth and challenge as you would find in a bigger school. Also, there is an extreme lack of diversity and world awareness within the community and school.
New Bremen High School was a great school. I really liked the small town feel of it. The class sizes were small (about 20-30 teenagers), and the teachers truly cared about the success of their students. There were good programs: football, basketball, volleyball, track, cross country, FFA, band, choir, art, drama club, Spanish club, National Honor Society, and more. The academics are a good balance of rigor with ease of completion. I felt challenged but also capable of completing the tasks that I was given. The high school is fairly new, so the facilities are very nice. I felt very safe at this school. Unfortunately, if you're looking for diversity, this is not the school to find it.
I just started attending this school last year. I really liked marching band and concert band. The English teacher and the Spanish teacher are the best. I believe that both of them challenge me and I have really learned a lot. I got to travel to Europe with the Spanish Club last year; that was an awesome experience. The thing I would change is the government teacher. I believe he liked to talk about everything else but the days lesson. I really enjoy the new friends I have made.