Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
New Boston High School is a public school located in New Boston, TX. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
New Boston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+58 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+43 Students
- B40 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-33 Students
- A30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like New Boston High School
- B-DeKalb High School
- DeKalb Independent School District, TX
- 42 reviews
- A-Hooks High School
- Hooks Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- B-James Bowie High School
- Simms Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- B-Maud School
- Maud Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 6 reviews
New Boston High School Reviews
Attending New Boston High School, was easy to do, considering it was such a small school district. However, growing up as a minority in a predominantly white-area was a little difficult in the ways of being able to collectively connect to people that had shared experiences. One thing I would say New Boston would need to do would be to lose the mentality of being a diverse area and allow for others to take command and control in the sense of diverse. In my years attending, I had three teachers of color, it would be nice if they could appeal to everyone.
What I like about my school is that most teachers will try to help you if you do not understand things. Some teachers will take the extra mile to work with you when you need help in their class. Overall New Boston has great programs that prepare us for our future such as college , I just think that they should make a few minor adjustments to the school, so the future students will have a greater advantage and opportunities.
I came from a smaller school. I would have to say out of the two experiences I think New Boston High school was the best choice for me. Everyone at New Boston is like a family, all of the coaches and staff they have is there for you no matter what the case is. There are some things that happen, but it is things they can not control. But overall there is no place like New Boston and I would have never chosen another place.