New Bern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+162 Students
- A+156 Students
- A+114 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-84 Students
- B-81 Students
- A-68 Students
- B+51 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
New Bern High School Reviews
Review New Bern High School
I went to New Bern High School for three years, and I really enjoyed my time there. It was a large school with interesting classes. There were many great teachers. The teachers were very helpful and would not hesitate to stay afterschool to help a student. The principle was also involved in our school and did his best to help keep the school in order. The hallways and classrooms were also very clean compared to most high schools I have visited. I had a very hard time parting with this school after my junior year. Overall, attending New Bern High School was a great experience for me.
As far as public high schools go, I'd say New Bern does make due with its resources. However, it is often hard to make learning a challenge, and the school seems overcrowded, with too much of an emphasis on sports, especially football, over other things. As far as preparing students for college, the school is rather weak, especially when you consider the small amount of counselors for such a large student body. These things aside, there are some dedicated teachers, and it seems we have a wide variety of classes to take.
Throughout my high school career, I have taken only honor and AP courses. The teachers within these courses are great at their jobs and show dedication and support. However, I have sometimes heard the opposite about the teachers who teach regular courses. I have received excellent grades in each of my classes which tells you something about the teachers. They're great!