Nevada High School is an above average, public school located in Nevada, IA. It has 450 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Nevada High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A95 Students
- A62 Students
- B-50 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+18 Students
- A17 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Nevada High School
- B+Roland-Story High School
- Roland-Story Community School District, IA
- 71 reviews
- BBallard High School
- Ballard Community School District, IA
- 101 reviews
- BWest Marshall High School
- West Marshall Community School District, IA
- 48 reviews
- B+North Polk High School
- North Polk Community School District, IA
- 84 reviews
Nevada High School Reviews
I went to this school distict since I was in kindergarten, I have loved it since then. I have made many friends, learned a lot, and it helped me prepare for college. The community is such a beautiful thing we all come together and help those in need with fundraisers and bake sales. The teachers and staff are all loving, caring people who love their job helping their students. The teachers go above and beyond to help make sure that the students are getting the material, and getting them ready for college. The sports here are great! Many team trips to state. The coaches are great and want the kids to work hard and succeed in life. Parents are involved they bring snacks for the sports teams and make sure they have a great education. Our school facilities are great, we just got a new football stadium and a new auditorium. This is the perfect place to raise a family and have your children go to school, they will have a great education, make friends, participate in sports and clubs.
My time at Nevada High School was an experience that I will never forget. Nevada High School is a great school, because it is not too large so teachers still care about you and know who you are, along with knowing all of your classmates; while also not being too small where you are limited in opportunities. I was involved in many activities like football, baseball, track, National Honor Society, and student government. The teachers at Nevada High School are amazing and very helpful while also upholding high standards for their students. I made memories and friends that I will never forget and I am very grateful I went to Nevada High School.
I believe that I go to a very good school district. We have great administrators and staff that do everything in their power to try to make our experiences the best they can be. I believe that the staff at Nevada High School truly care about their students and try to connect with us to build stronger relationships. We have great facilities and academic opportunity wherever we go. They also do everything in their power to maintain a positive environment among students to create the maximum experience.