Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Neshoba Central High School is an above average, public school located in Philadelphia, MS. It has 1,004 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Neshoba Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus140 Students
- grade A minus128 Students
- grade A minus93 Students
- grade B+91 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade B+36 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
- grade B18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Senior Signout33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,409 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Neshoba Central High School
- grade BUnion High School
- Union Public School District, MS
- Rating 4.53 out of 5 19 reviews
- grade CPhiladelphia High School
- Philadelphia Public School District, MS
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 28 reviews
- grade BNoxapater Attendance Center
- Louisville Municipal School District, MS
- Rating 2.79 out of 5 19 reviews
Neshoba Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 72 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like Neshoba Central because all the teachers and staff and administration are all so nice and helpful. I’m in band, chorus, bible club, and teacher academy II at the career technical center. I love band because they directors want the very best for us. They want to help us succeed and do great things in life. It helps me better myself and help me get ready for college and my future ahead of me. I’m also in Teacher Academy at Votec. I’m a second year student, and i love everything about teacher academy. We also do field experience, where we go over to the elementary on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have an assigned class that we go in and help the teachers like we are an assistant. I really love and enjoy that, it helps prepare me for what to look for when i become a teacher. Neshoba Central has great academics, all the teachers teach us to their best ability and they want the very best for us.
During my time at Neshoba Central I very much enjoyed the different amount of clubs, activities, and sports that the school has to offer. My fondest memories throughout higshchool were made through my involvement of these different clubs and sports. However the administration at the school is very harsh and rude and does not always give the students of the school the respect they deserve, and that the rules for exemptions of exams is absolutely ridiculous.
I like that Neshoba Central is family-oriented and a very close-knit school. I have been at Neshoba Central for 6 years, I arrived in the middle of my 6th-grade year and I've been here ever since. I am know closing up my junior year and it is kinda sad not being able to see my friends because of the situation we are in right now. However, I would rate Neshoba Central as a 4 out of 5 it is a very well put together school.