Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Neshannock Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in New Castle, PA. It has 578 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Neshannock Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A71 Students
- B55 Students
- B44 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-24 Students
- B22 Students
- A+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Neshannock Junior/Senior High School
- BSlippery Rock Area High School
- Slippery Rock Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
- B-Wilmington Area High School
- Wilmington Area School District, PA
- 62 reviews
- B+Poland Seminary High School
- Poland Local School District, OH
- 176 reviews
- BRiverside High School
- Riverside Beaver County School District, PA
- 56 reviews
Neshannock Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Neshannock has given me a wonderful education while also preparing me for college and creating valuable relationships with other students and teachers. It is a small school that allows students to get to know teachers and have more one-on-one learning if students are falling behind in a class or just want some extra help. The teachers truly care about every student and it shows. The counselors at Neshannock are very helpful and always there when a student needs something. There are also many volunteer and community service opportunities throughout the school year. If I could change anything about Neshannock, it would be diversity. My school is often referred to as a "bubble" and there is not much opportunity to learn about other cultures or views. I believe it is important for people, especially teenagers, to be exposed to diversity and other cultures. Nonetheless, my school experience at Neshannock for 12 years is something I will always cherish and remember.
I feel academically prepared for college. The teachers set high expectations for students and require advanced knowledge and skills to achieve success!
Neshannock Jr./Sr. High School is a challenging school. I feel as though they have made me extremely prepared for college. They offer ap and honor classes for those interested. The teachers do their very best to challenge the students but also help them when they are struggling. Not only does Neshannock prepare you in education, but they also are very involved in sports. Cheering at Neshannock under the Friday night lights is something I will never forget and is definitely one of my most favorite things about going to school here! If I could change one thing about Neshannock I would try to get rid of "cliques" even though I'm sure almost all schools have them. My 13 years spent at Neshannock has really prepared me for the next journey in my life...college!