Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Neptune High School is a public school located in Neptune, NJ. It has 1,317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Neptune High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B157 Students
- A155 Students
- C+139 Students
- B-121 Students
- B+104 Students
- B102 Students
- A-96 Students
- A-92 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Neptune High School
- B-Long Branch High School
- Long Branch Public School District, NJ
- 118 reviews
- C+Keyport High School
- Keyport School District, NJ
- 58 reviews
- CKeansburg High School
- Keansburg School District, NJ
- 54 reviews
- C-Lakewood High School
- Lakewood School District, NJ
- 121 reviews
Neptune High School Reviews
Neptune High School strings along nothing but scholars! Teachers, guidance counselors, office ladies, and staff, are there to support students 100%. There are dozens of great opportunities within all students reach and so many spaces to fill. There is an opportunity for every student to stand out like a shining star and there is room for every out-going character in the building! There are so many chances to grow and be the change you want to see around you and Neptune is the place to do it. I was Neptune High Schools pep rally leader, football manager, and Class of 2018’s Mistress of Ceremony. Neptune is where all of my dreams have been fulfilled and I intend on giving back to my community when I am successful and obtain the career I always wanted.
This school has its perks. Being a student athlete at this school is a plus because you get to know many people and form bonds with your team. On the other side of the spectrum however, most teachers just teach to get paid and don't care to help students when they are in need of a boost. Administration is completely corrupt and they only do what seems right to them. They may not see the changes they have made, but the students do! Taking away sports and clubs and changing events that students have become accustomed to is just the start. While I do love my school and wouldn't want to go anywhere else, the bad outweighs the good in this case.
Neptune High School is a diverse school with many opportunities for students that attend here. The education here is decent but of course like all typical High schools not really necessary. An abundant amount of information that you will gather from Neptune High School won't be used ever again in life and you'll forget about it quickly. The teachers are usually helpful but there are the occasional teachers that feel as if you should easily process courses and that should never be the case. Personally, my experience at Neptune was not at all what I was expecting. You will experience or witness drama, fights, and disrespectful students here but the focus is receiving your diploma and walking that stage. That's the mission.