Nelsonville-York High School is a public school located in Nelsonville, OH. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Nelsonville-York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-104 Students
- C-41 Students
- A+35 Students
- A22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B10 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Nelsonville-York High School
- BAlexander Junior/Senior High School
- Alexander Local School District, OH
- 55 reviews
- B-Logan High School
- Logan-Hocking Local School District, OH
- 79 reviews
- CMiller High School
- Southern Local School District (Corning), OH
- 45 reviews
- CTrimble High School
- Trimble Local School District, OH
- 6 reviews
Nelsonville-York High School Reviews
I love walking into school and being welcomed by all the teachers! Everyone is very kind, including the principal. In the future I would love for my nephew to attend this school and maybe even my kids.
I like the close-knit community that comes with attending Nelsonville-York. We don't have a very large population, but I like it because we all know each other and are able to see and understand one another's back ground.
Teachers at Nelsonville-York High School are overall very knowledgeable, kind, and hard working. I feel as if I have learned a lot throughout my high school career thanks to their excellent teaching. The teachers and staff at Nelsonville are very approachable and I know I could rely on them to help me to become a successful young adult. I greatly appreciate the amount of time spent using current technology in the classroom that most smaller schools would not have the opportunity to use and experience.