Nekoosa High School is a public school located in Nekoosa, WI. It has 399 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Nekoosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+33 Students
- B31 Students
- A-28 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
- B21 Students
- B15 Students
- A+12 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Nekoosa High School Reviews
Nekoosa High School is a small school in Central Wisconsin. The teachers are great and the education is overall very good. I do wish we had more Advanced Placement classes available, but that is difficult with a small school. Athletics are strong at Nekoosa and give everyone a chance to be involved. Students are generally very nice and there is not discrimination or really any bullying. I believe that most kids feel included if they want to be. We aren't a very diverse community, but the diversity we do have is embraced. Nekoosa High School has prepared me for life after high school and for college I believe. I do feel very safe at the school as well. Overall it is a great school!
Nekoosa High School is a small, close knit, loveable school. That is what I love about it; you walk through the hallways and can wave at every other student or teacher and you’ll be sure to get a wave back, or even a smile. Nekoosa High School has some of the best Staff I have ever know. Every staff member is always there for you, and is always willing to help. I personally believe that is why Nekoosa runs so well. However, I would like to see more of a Diversity, more cultures and cultural education.
Most of the teachers I have had during the past three years have become some of my favorite people. They like to make sure that you are having a good day, if you are not, they help out. Whenever I have a problem with a class most teachers are there to give advice or help me understand a subject more. My school goes by a grading system but it seems like the mathematics department is scaled differently. I would have loved to have had a teacher in math that helped me understand more than getting frustrated and having another student help me. Besides a handful of problem teachers my school has some of the best and most helpful staff around!