Needham High School is a top rated, public school located in Needham, MA. It has 1,659 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Needham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A286 Students
- A+182 Students
- A+178 Students
- A+142 Students
- A-124 Students
- A+108 Students
- A+92 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+78 Students
- A78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Needham High School
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A+Hopkinton High School
- Hopkinton Public Schools, MA
- 186 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 247 reviews
- A+Medfield Senior High School
- Medfield Public Schools, MA
- 91 reviews
Needham High School Reviews
The school helps you a lot for college with its difficulty in academics but it creates a stressful environment for the students. The students generally get less than six hours of sleep and stay at the school til five. The academics push you which may be beneficial but can also lead to stress over if you are doing well in your classes. Some sports are very talented such as volleyball, swim, and track but other sports like football and basketball are only average. The school in general is very good as the academics prepare you well for college and the teachers are very qualified in what they teach. If you are looking for a school that you can just have fun at, this may not be for you as academics may get in the way. Overall Needham is very good as would recommend to any students who want to get a good education.
The school's educational environment is conducive to a high quality of learning, and a high achieving student body. The kids are kind, but not extremely outgoing--they're as receptive as expected. The "school spirit" is practically non-existent, only the people involved with sports show any kind of excitement. This school is very much an (only) academically focused location.
I enjoyed my time here. The teachers are nice. We can sign up for laptops. Library is comfortable. The food is improving; this week’s gourmet Thursday lunch is Pad Thai! The facility is clean. The administration tries hard to be inclusive. Kudos to Needham!