Nederland Middle-Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Nederland, CO. It has 290 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Nederland Middle-Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A25 Students
- A-17 Students
- A14 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-5 Students
- A+5 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Nederland Middle-Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Nederland Middle-Senior High School
Nederland Middle-Senior High School Reviews
You get to know everyone very well, and all of the teachers are very kind and helpful, and know about what they teach. On the sports teams, if you want to play, then you play, because our school is small enough that tryouts aren’t needed, so no matter how good you are at a sport, you are encouraged to play. We have an award winning theatre and music program that is very fun to be a part of. There are a few things that our school struggles with. One is that the principals don’t normally stay for very long. And two, that our school is being renovated in the middle of the school year, during the school day.
Being a former alumni of the Theater Department at NMSHS, the plays and musicals we put on are just fabulous every year! Last year, we performed the famous musical CATS, by Andrew Lloyd Webber and it was one of the best musicals the town feels that we have ever put on! I love being a part of the Nederland Theater Department. I feel it's super special because we are a small high school and knowing literally every single person makes our performance on stage much better! On Graduation week, we also have Senior Recognition Night and the White Rose Ceremonies where teachers, faculty, and the students who are graduating get to recognize one another for their outstanding performance throughout the years and recognize how special a friendship with a teacher meant to them.
Nederland isn't like other schools. With less than 250 kids, almost everyone knows each other, from tiny sixth graders to the colossal seniors. Teachers are always invested and personally knowledgable with each student. Little to no harassment takes place, no matter who you are. Unfortunately, due to the small amount of students, there isn't as much funding for Advanced and AP classes, and the school often sees crucial classes being thrown away. The administration has gone through 4 different principals in 5 years and has thrown out many of the excellent athletic coaches along the way. Over all its a good school if one is academically motivated and involved.