COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are following state guidelines. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
NELHS is a Lutheran high school that is owned and operated by an association of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod congregations. Throughout its history, NELHS has become well known for an excellent program of Christ-centered education, an outstanding academic program and a well-rounded, diverse extra-curricular program.
Our students come from families who want their children to be immersed in God’s Word every day. We are not an “elitist” school, although our students perform very well academically and in their extra-curricular activities. Our programs and climate encourage a lifestyle that gives glory to God in and out of the classroom. We are a school where our students get to know Jesus better every day.
Approximately 80% of NELHS students live in dormitories on campus during the week. Our Mission which is rooted in Christ and his work for us drives all we do. You are encouraged to read the entire document. The link for these are on the left side of this page. To God be the Glory!
Nebraska Evangelical Lutheran High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B15 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
- Giant Pre-Grad Party (Carnival)29%
- The seniors build and burn a giant K- (Knights)29%
- Pep rallies14%
- Spirit Week14%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses