Nebraska City High School is a public school located in Nebraska City, NE. It has 444 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Nebraska City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-57 Students
- B44 Students
- C+38 Students
- B+27 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-15 Students
- B15 Students
- C+15 Students
- A13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Nebraska City High School Reviews
Nebraska City High School is a nice school and in a nice location. We have a great soccer, football & track field. Also 2 gyms we can now host multiple events. The office staff and principal are great! Several teachers that are easy to work with. Recently added a location downtown to learn trades. Great experience going into the real world. Parent involvement or school spirit could be more but overall not horrible. I would like to see the school put in more on improving a site for the softball fields as they have the track/football field and baseball.
I liked the atmosphere of the school, the organization, and willingness of teacher involvement with the students. You need help and they are there for you. Pep rallies, student involvement, the way the principal gets involved.
My experience at Nebraska City High School has been great. I have met many great people that have become some of my closest friends. It is not a big high school, but big enough to meet many people. It is not a big school, but there are many opportunities offered for us. The teachers are always there for us to help. A change that I would like to see is AP classes being offered here at our high school. There are college courses that are offered, but I believe that AP classes would really benefit the students. College classes cannot be taken until your junior year. I believe that if students were to taken AP starting their freshman year then they would start preparing for college. There are some honor classes offered for freshman and sophomores, but not enough.