Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Nebraska City High School is a public school located in Nebraska City, NE. It has 431 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Nebraska City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-61 Students
- B45 Students
- C+40 Students
- B+32 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- C+17 Students
- B16 Students
- A-15 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Nebraska City High School Reviews
I LOVE Nebraska City High School! The school spirit there is amazing!!! The principal, Brian Hoover, is the best principal anybody could ever have. He knows all of his students by name and never fails to put a smile on my face. He cares so much about the community! The students at NCHS aren't like any others. Everyone is so kind and welcoming. In a town of 7,000 people, it is definitely a great environment! The way the community comes together to support everyone is heartwarming. Whether it's fine arts, sports, or a club, everyone is so supportive! I would recommend this small town school to anybody. I am a 2020 graduate of NCHS and there is no doubt in my mind that the past 4 years I have spent there, have been the best 4 years of my life. I sure am going to miss it!
It's a beautiful school that is located in an accessible location for students. The staff in every department is helpful and considerate to each and every student. Not only that, the students there are just as kind as the staff. Nebraska City Public High School provides many opportunities to network and receive help. As a student, this is very useful in connecting with others or when you're struggling in a class. There is nothing more to say than that Nebraska City Public High School is an amazing place for any student to go to. I'd recommend any student to go to this school. The experience will be well worth it.
Nebraska City High School is a nice school and in a nice location. We have a great soccer, football & track field. Also 2 gyms we can now host multiple events. The office staff and principal are great! Several teachers that are easy to work with. Recently added a location downtown to learn trades. Great experience going into the real world. Parent involvement or school spirit could be more but overall not horrible. I would like to see the school put in more on improving a site for the softball fields as they have the track/football field and baseball.