Nazareth Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nazareth, PA. It has 1,506 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Nazareth Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+140 Students
- A127 Students
- A103 Students
- B-79 Students
- A-72 Students
- B64 Students
- B64 Students
- B56 Students
- B55 Students
- B-53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Nazareth Area High School
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 128 reviews
- A-Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- A-Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 159 reviews
- B+Southern Lehigh Senior High School
- Southern Lehigh School District, PA
- 278 reviews
Nazareth Area High School Reviews
I love Nazareth Area High School! The school makes you feel so welcomed there. The staff is very nice and makes learning in the classroom very fun! They are very easy to talk to, and the teachers there love to form connections with their students. In addition, Nazareth's academics are top notch! Nazareth Area High School's School Performance Profile Report Card Score for the 2015-2016 school year was 98.8% which is outstanding. Additionally, the school environment feels safe and secure. Ultimately, Nazareth Area High School is an amazing school to attend!
Nazareth Area High School is a school that values academic achievement and integrity above all else; it focuses on teaching and learning first, and invests chiefly in the learning environment of students. NAHS is rated 15th in the state of Pennsylvania and 1st in the Lehigh Valley in academics, and as such, it has a very rigorous and powerful education system. NAHS offers over 15 AP courses, with Honors, CP, and Foundations Courses to meet the needs of all kinds of students. Students at NAHS feel valued and safe, and are extremely supported by their teachers.
The teachers in Nazareth Area High School are very accepting and kind. They care about each and every student and learn their own needs. Most schools focus on just academics and often bore each student. However, Nazareth is a fun school full of lots of extracurricular activities and sports. They support all activities from cheerleading to chess club to football. They recognize every student whether they are involved or not. They have an extremely high no-bullying policy and are allowing for everyone's differences. They realize what makes each student unique in a good way. Our academic scores are incredible and each student cares about their future because of the ideas that they give us about how we can all be successful someday if we try our hardest.