Nazareth Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nazareth, PA. It has 1,509 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Nazareth Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+157 Students
- A146 Students
- A-113 Students
- C+86 Students
- A-79 Students
- B72 Students
- B68 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-61 Students
- C+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Nazareth Area High School
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- B+Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 96 reviews
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 162 reviews
- ASouthern Lehigh Senior High School
- Southern Lehigh School District, PA
- 286 reviews
Nazareth Area High School Reviews
I had a great academic experience at Nazareth but a terrible social one. Although I was involved in sports and clubs, I dealt with many social issues. I dealt with a lot of racism on a daily basis. The diversity at Nazareth was very lack luster, with 99% of the school being Caucasian. I am mixed race with German, Puerto Rican, and Black. Due to this, I was called many names and slurs. The administration did not do much of anything about this, making it tough for me to get anything done about what was happening. In hindsight this made me stronger and I am a mentor to young girls across the country. I try to help them with issues like this, confidence, grades, and much more! Overall I would give Nazareth a 3 out of 5.
I love Nazareth Area High School! The school makes you feel so welcomed there. The staff is very nice and makes learning in the classroom very fun! They are very easy to talk to, and the teachers there love to form connections with their students. In addition, Nazareth's academics are top notch! Nazareth Area High School's School Performance Profile Report Card Score for the 2015-2016 school year was 98.8% which is outstanding. Additionally, the school environment feels safe and secure. Ultimately, Nazareth Area High School is an amazing school to attend!
Over my time at Nazareth area High School I was introduced to a multitude of amazing and aw inspiring people while also experiencing an incredible and involved learning environment. While time went fast I was able to make many memories that will be with me for a life time. I am going to miss Nazareth but will never forget where I came from. Thank you!