Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Nazareth Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nazareth, PA. It has 1,555 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Nazareth Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- A184 Students
- A-154 Students
- C+121 Students
- B102 Students
- A-102 Students
- B86 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Nazareth Area High School
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 133 reviews
- B+Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 101 reviews
- A-Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 165 reviews
- ASouthern Lehigh Senior High School
- Southern Lehigh School District, PA
- 294 reviews
Nazareth Area High School Reviews
I loved being a student at Nazareth! Classes were challenging however all faculty wanted to help the students succeed. This school would be even better with more diversity but the culture was stimulating and made it clear that everyone was valued. The teachers were great especially the music department and library department! Our principal was the best! We even put his face on many tee-shirts because he was such an advocate for Nazareth's community and students. I will always have sweet memories of my High School. One last thing to mention are the popcorn-chicken bowls, hands down the absolute FANTASTIC school lunch to grace my stomach! Not to say that the rest of the food was terrible, there were many options to choose from that accommodated the taste buds of every student.
I had a great academic experience at Nazareth but a terrible social one. Although I was involved in sports and clubs, I dealt with many social issues. I dealt with a lot of racism on a daily basis. The diversity at Nazareth was very lack luster, with 99% of the school being Caucasian. I am mixed race with German, Puerto Rican, and Black. Due to this, I was called many names and slurs. The administration did not do much of anything about this, making it tough for me to get anything done about what was happening. In hindsight this made me stronger and I am a mentor to young girls across the country. I try to help them with issues like this, confidence, grades, and much more! Overall I would give Nazareth a 3 out of 5.
The teachers are excellent, and technology integration is very good. Friendly and open environment as well, with many opportunities available to students. On the flipside, my personal experience with counselors has been middling, and it is difficult to contact them for information and help with issues unless one has scheduled an appointment with them in the office. I've also seen drugs passed around and talked about casually in school, despite campaigns against them. The school has recently been focusing on its athletics program too, and has been pouring money in that direction. We'll see how it goes.