Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Navasota High School is a public school located in Navasota, TX. It has 818 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Navasota High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+131 Students
- B107 Students
- C-106 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+68 Students
- B-50 Students
- A-47 Students
- A43 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Navasota High School Reviews
Honestly while people may often exaggerate how bad Navasota is, I think its just average. What you have is a small town with an even smaller high school and because of that you have to deal with a lot of small town politics. Rumors, sub-standard sanitation, absurdly high (and low) expectations and minor "corruption" are all things that you have to deal with when attending Navasota HS but, in a very weird way, these things are worth enduring in order to form friendships and bonds with the colorful faculty and students of Navasota High School
I had an average high school experience and I gained experience in different social aspects, but the education did not prepare me for college. There have been many issues with staff members and teachers, but the school is doing a better job at hiring better fit teachers. The school is also fixing their facilities with the recent bond that was approved. Hopefully the school prepares its future students better.
This is my first year at Navasota High. I have not really enjoyed it. The people are not all that nice and neither are the teachers. The administration is too strict. It seems like most teachers do not really care about the students or their jobs considering our school is not big and we have had three teachers fired just in this school year. The food at the school is terrible. The athletic director has his head wrapped around football and does not really care about the our teams in the program. I'm fond of the baseball coach, but he is not really my favorite. I do not feel prepared too well for college, but I think most high school students feel like they are not prepared.