Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Natrona County High School is a public school located in Casper, WY. It has 1,684 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Natrona County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-383 Students
- B-316 Students
- A-81 Students
- B-68 Students
- B+62 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-56 Students
- A-42 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Natrona County High School Reviews
Natrona is largely focused on academic achievement of all students and Natrona provides many different classes that you are able to take just for your personal liking. Natrona is flexible with schedules for example if you are working a job or want to switch classes they offer multiple options when and where you want to take that specific class. Natrona County High School offers a large assortments of classes associates with international baccalaureate programs and offers classes and chances to grasp at the Hathaway scholarship program. Natrona is also vividly focused of sports and this school takes pride in all sports but the most sport that brings in student and the community is football. Football is widely known across Casper, Wy to belong to Natrona Mustangs.
School itself was very nice and had a good location. Teachers and staff were very knowledgeable, nice people, always trying to help. The education level could improve. Need to be more strict. There is not a lot of diversity. People are not very welcoming to foreign students, they could definitely improve on that. There were lots of clubs and activities in which students could get involve and in my opinion I think that was really awesome. Food was definitely a problem. The food in the cafeteria needs improvement. They always serve the same food, which had no flavor and wasn’t fresh. Overall, I think it is a great school. I am proud to be a Mustang!
In Natrona County High School we have many opportunities given to us that many other schools in Wyoming or even the US do not have. I personally partake in FFA and orchestra (violin). Through these we learn many things about the world, and this helps us be better prepared for the struggles ahead of us, as you can say, a tool in our tool belt. I believe we have many opportunities here, I wish there were more though and that more people would take advantage of the paths they can take. Some of the staff can be quite against student progressing but others completely support our development.