Nathan Hale-Ray High School is a public school located in Moodus, CT. It has 334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Nathan Hale-Ray High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A64 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-30 Students
- B26 Students
- B25 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B+13 Students
- C13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Nathan Hale-Ray High School
- BLyman Memorial High School
- Lebanon School District, CT
- 118 reviews
- A-Coginchaug Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 13, CT
- 111 reviews
- B+Portland High School
- Portland School District, CT
- 67 reviews
- AOld Saybrook Senior High School
- Old Saybrook School District, CT
- 103 reviews
Nathan Hale-Ray High School Reviews
I really enjoy the art classes and some of the teachers. I believe that some of the teachers should grade faster in order for students to better their grade before the quarter ends. Every student learns differently, therefore, I believe that teachers used incorporate various teaching tactics.
I'm a high school senior, I loved my experience at Hale-Ray. They have a great variety of electives to choose from and they all give a specific aspect of a certain topic. They also have a great engineering program with a great amount of resources that help me achieve my academic goals.
This is a great school if you like personalized teaching. Class sizes are generally 20 students or less in a classroom. I graduated in 2013 with 92 other students to put the school size into perspective. This did make some of our athletics challenging, with such a small talent pool to pick from. The classes offered were fairly diverse, although I would like to see classes like personal finance and personal fitness be requirements instead of electives.