Nashua High School South is an above average, public school located in Nashua, NH. It has 1,790 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Nashua High School South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-232 Students
- A+136 Students
- B+116 Students
- A115 Students
- B114 Students
- A+112 Students
- B-105 Students
- B-91 Students
- A82 Students
- B-80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 142 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Schools like Nashua High School South
- B-Nashua High School North
- Nashua School District, NH
- 265 reviews
- B+Manchester Central High School
- Manchester School District, NH
- 325 reviews
- C+Manchester Memorial High School
- Manchester School District, NH
- 352 reviews
- B+Methuen High School
- Methuen Public Schools, MA
- 186 reviews
Nashua High School South Reviews
The academics and teachers who educate students at Nashua High South are excellent. The CTE programs that offer career readiness and insight to fields of study are unlike any other school district and truly allow students to differentiate their studies into subjects that will positively impact their future. For instance, students can earn certification for trades that can instantly be used in the job field (such as HVAC, Electric and many others) and others offer college credits through dual enrollment through local universities (Rivier and Nashua Community College) that will help a student prepare for their intended occupations of choice. The sports at NHSS have not been successful as of recent and it has a negative impact on attendance and spirit.Nashua High South offers a truly different high school experience with small, very minute flaws that could be improved to overall increase a students’ experience both socially and academically.
Nashua High School South has a very diverse academic catalogue and teachers to educate students in almost anything they may wish to learn. To accompany the multitude of academics is a plethora of clubs and activities started by the students. Dozens of new clubs are being started every year and if there isn't one that interests you, you can just create your own! In fact, this year, my friend created STEMbuds and enlisted me to help him. Every Wednesday after school we would go to five elementary schools and teach them about the joys of math. When asked at the end of the year how they felt about the club the kids told us that it was pretty cool and that they were looking forward to the club next year! The school prepares you well for college and the administrators are always kind and helpful. The food at the school is a little sub-par and times but usually not too bad. Overall Nashua High School South is a wonderful school and worth attending!
I liked the diverse student body and school culture but felt that the administration did not care at all about the students and clubs/extracurriculars many students were proposing. Also, the administration told us they are open to comments from students about the school and how it should run but when students did come up with ideas, we were told that it would be implemented but as weeks and months passed by, nothing really changed (Example: Allowing hats in school). We were definitely disappointed in the fact that the example idea listed above was not implemented although the other public high school in our school district already has implemented this and been doing so for quite a while.