Narragansett High School is a highly rated, public school located in Narragansett, RI. It has 418 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Narragansett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B147 Students
- B-44 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+32 Students
- A-32 Students
- C26 Students
- A+23 Students
- B22 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Narragansett High School
- ANorth Kingstown Senior High School
- North Kingstown School District, RI
- 348 reviews
- B+South Kingstown High School
- South Kingstown School District, RI
- 148 reviews
- A-Exeter-West Greenwich Regional
- Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, RI
- 131 reviews
- A-Portsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 202 reviews
Narragansett High School Reviews
The school is a great fit for anyone because of it's small size it has become more and more like a family and although it might be my senior year I am reluctant to leave all of my friends and family behind. Because of the familial feel that this amazing school has people are willing to help you out in a time of need. I have also fallen in love with their agriculture program and was recently elected as Chapter Horticulturalist for our FFA program. This is why I love Narragansett High School. Go Mariners!
As far as high schools go, Narragansett is one of the best. The teachers are awesome. The classes are informative and interesting. I was part of an environmental club called Envirothon where we won the state competition and went to Missouri for the national competition! I was part of the book club and the swim team. The teachers are involved in these clubs and sports and really want students to succeed, both academically and personally. The students are not very diverse, mostly white christian/no religion. However, most are accepting and tolerant of those different than them. There are preppy popular athletes, but there are also a wide range of different people (smarties, stoners, art kids, etc). I wouldn't want to repeat high school, but Narragansett is a great high school with caring teachers and great academics.
I was able to get a lot of help with my classes, and with my college application process! The teachers are extremely supportive and help each student accel in each subject. The teachers also put the students first, our safety, happiness, and education is the faculty's top priority.