Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Naperville North High School is a top rated, public school located in Naperville, IL. It has 2,675 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Naperville North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+500 Students
- A+281 Students
- A+244 Students
- A231 Students
- B205 Students
- B+205 Students
- A-202 Students
- A+188 Students
- A178 Students
- A+176 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 141 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Naperville North High School
- A+Naperville Central High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 556 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 694 reviews
- A+Metea Valley High School
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 632 reviews
- A+Glenbard West High School
- Glenbard Township High School District No. 87, IL
- 334 reviews
Naperville North High School Reviews
Naperville North is a school where everyone can feel included and welcome. In addition, the teachers are passionate, caring, and talented, creating a positive learning environment for everyone. With the hundreds of clubs, sports, and activities to get involved in, there is truly something for everyone! In addition, the school has many different types of classes so students can really explore future career choices and get to know themselves better. Not only is there a wide variety of classes, but these courses prepare students for further education in college or various trade studies. There are many AP classes available to students as a way to test out of specific college classes. Overall, Naperville North is a wonderful place to spend the four years of high school. Between the passionate teachers, positive learning environment, and wide variety of classes, students are truly on a path to excel.
For many, four years sounds as though it would be a long time; however, for me it was a time period I would do anything to get back. For starters, the teachers were so caring and did more than teach their students the curriculum. They taught us how to be members of society and that we mattered. Besides the academic portion, North was a place that took a great deal of pride in their accomplishments. If one were to hear about us it could be as a result of our music program, sports, clubs or even academics. This was a high school that never failed to amaze! With this being said, there were many complications and moments that this school would be found in the news as a result of unforeseen circumstances. Now, there is not one person to blame; however, it would be unfortunate to hear and see consistently throughout the media.
There is no other place I would rather be than Naperville North High School. From upper administration to lunch staff, everyone there cares so much about the future and well being of their students. Although a rather large student body, it never feels like it is too much for the school to handle. The school is extremely gifted in the resources they offer their students in every aspect of their educational career. I am definitely lucky to attend such a school!