Naperville Central High School is a top rated, public school located in Naperville, IL. It has 2,851 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Naperville Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+342 Students
- A+189 Students
- B+187 Students
- A+184 Students
- B+179 Students
- A-159 Students
- A157 Students
- A+144 Students
- B-135 Students
- A-135 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Naperville Central High School
- A+Naperville North High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 445 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 618 reviews
- A+Neuqua Valley High School
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 972 reviews
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 284 reviews
Naperville Central High School Reviews
There are so many ways to be involved at Naperville Central. There is a large variety of sports, clubs, and activities! Naperville Central's students have outrageous school spirit supporting so many sports games. The teachers at Naperville Central are always there to help you succeed.
Overall my whole high school experience with Central, things went by very quick. I made a lot of friends and met a lot of great people, including teachers. The academics were very challenging at times but being at central has gotten me very well prepared for the future. My college path and my future career path. You have many opportunities at central. One thing I would love to see change is the diversity. I’m a Black girl among 50 other black students or less. Out of the 3,000 students that go to the school are majority white. It wasn’t a bad thing but feeling left out was a major thing for many students of the Black american decent. Other than the changes. Parents are really involved and sports and other activities welcome everyone. The school as a whole has earned 5 stars in my book. GO RED HAWKS!
The school has a wide variety of classes. The student body is nice for the most part, and the school has students explore their passions widely. Not every area is fully supported, however, new classes are being implemented yearly!