Naperville Central High School is a top rated, public school located in Naperville, IL. It has 2,810 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Naperville Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+406 Students
- A+225 Students
- B+220 Students
- A+217 Students
- B+208 Students
- A204 Students
- A+194 Students
- A-175 Students
- A-165 Students
- B-163 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.82 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Naperville Central High School
- A+Naperville North High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 472 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 664 reviews
- A+Neuqua Valley High School
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 1,027 reviews
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 287 reviews
Naperville Central High School Reviews
Naperville Central has great faculty and overall just an amazing community! Everyone is super high achieving and it motivates you to want to do better in your own studies. The student population is more diverse now and has become more inclusive with everyone's preferences. However, the teacher population is not so diverse and the students can also be very cliquey and segregated.
I absolutely love going to Naperville Central High School! The staff and students are all so helpful and caring, which makes it such a great atmosphere to be around. The school has provided me with so many opportunities for my future. There are so many clubs, sports and activities you can get involved in. One day I hope my kids will have the opportunity to go here.
Naperville Central High School is a community full of driven students and outstanding teachers that are eager to watch every student succeed. In the past four years our school has dealt three different hate crimes incidents against different races, all of which made the news. Instead of hiding what happened, our administrators addressed what happened and made it into a lesson learned. I have experienced the everlasting impact a racial comment has on a student body, and how quickly they can defend one individual who is a minority. As a senior, Naperville Central has not only prepared me for college, but the reality of society as well.