Nanuet Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nanuet, NY. It has 685 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Nanuet Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- A+49 Students
- C+43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-38 Students
- B38 Students
- A-34 Students
- B32 Students
- A31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Nanuet Senior High School
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 167 reviews
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public Schools, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 235 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 119 reviews
Nanuet Senior High School Reviews
Our school is a Blue Ribbon school, and I feel like many of the kids that graduate are very bright and smart. We have at least two ivy league students every year. Even though our school is kind of small compared to all the other schools, everyone is really friendly with each other and closer since we all grew up together since kindergarten. Some qualms I would have would be that since our school is small, we don't have a lot of funding towards big club activities or teams like bigger schools do. We have Model UN, and debate, and DECA, as well as a killer music program and track team, but all the other smaller clubs are just there for fun and not as serious. Our music program is something to celebrate though, and a large majority of our music students take part in all county and some even for all state. Overall, Nanuet is a great school that is friendly and excellent.
I like how Nanuet Senior High School is a small community where you know everyone and its a small family where everyone can connect to each other and make memories that last forever. Nanuet is very safe community and parents are really involved with the school, deciding major decisions for what the school needs. I'm very happy with Nanuet and the friends I created over the four years I attended to Nanuet Senior High School.
Nanuet is an excellent high school for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, the coursework is manageable even when taking AP classes, the teachers are caring and are willing to help any student who requests it, and the clubs and extracurriculars are plentiful. There are enough students where you are not seeing the same 20 kids all day but it is small enough that you know most of the kids in your school. The overall character and enthusiasm of the school is unmatched and that is why it has been able to earn blue-ribbon honors on a national scale.