Nanuet Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nanuet, NY. It has 707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Nanuet Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+47 Students
- A-46 Students
- C46 Students
- B43 Students
- B42 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Nanuet Senior High School
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 175 reviews
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public School District, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 241 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 162 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 121 reviews
Nanuet Senior High School Reviews
I loved the renovations. The thing I didn't love was how I was involved in a severe bullying situation that was not taken seriously whatsoever. I was told it'll get resolved, and not to worry. In result of that, my whole junior year I was tortured. We can have as many assemblys, and as many rules put into place, but nothing ever changes. There are constantly kids using vapes in the bathrooms, even with the monitors sitting there. Nanuet does not take serious matters seriously. They focus on where students park, and how long you're in the bathroom rather than bullying, vaping, and their rude teachers. There is also no attendance rule, so there will be students out for sometimes 3 weeks, unexcused. Teachers also favor students, if you don't do well they'll show you that they don't care.
Nanuet has been a wonderful school to attend. Teachers and faculty members have truly helped me on my path to college and life. In a small school, with about 180 kids in the graduating class, teachers and students can have that close one on one relationship, which allows students to succeed in their classes as they are not afraid to ask questions. Nanuet High School has taught me to not be afraid to reach out for help in struggling subjects.
I have been going to the Nanuet School District since I was in kindergarten. The academics are probably the best feature of this school. Most of the teachers are clearly passionate about teaching and have been a pleasure. The social aspect of Nanuet Senior High School have been the opposite. It is full of cliques and since it is very small, finding friends is difficult. More inclusiveness could really benefit the school.