Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Nanuet Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nanuet, NY. It has 739 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Nanuet Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-92 Students
- A+81 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+59 Students
- C+52 Students
- A-51 Students
- B48 Students
- A+45 Students
- B45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Nanuet Senior High School
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 183 reviews
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public School District, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 255 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 174 reviews
- ADobbs Ferry High School
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District, NY
- 127 reviews
Nanuet Senior High School Reviews
This school is good at valuing all of the different parts of school like academics, arts, and sports. Even though it is divers, people still stick with their own kind. You would think there would be less bullying and more equality but theres still a group of people that are privileged and look down on everyone else for no reason. That being said there are definitely more people that are down to earth and are really nice that you can make friends with. Personally when I moved here the people where really welcoming and nice. The teachers are good but some of them have a difficult time with controlling their students. Also, one of the Spanish teachers (I won't say names considering her reputation) is very petty in a way where it seems like she's offended by every tiny mistake someone makes. I will say she's still a great teacher and gives proper resources to succeed, but sometimes she's just too unnecessarily strict. There are some classes you think would be difficult but aren't at all.
I value my school's diversity because my friend group consists of some of the best people: a Mexican, an Ecuadorian, a Pakistani, a Persian, a Syrian, and two Indians. Additionally, being a hispanic myself, I am able to feel comfortable and a part of my school as a whole. I also value my school's resources, such as textbooks, novels, computers, and laptops, as they are helpful in my educational development. Nevertheless, my school should improve on their academics and administration. I wish we’d have a greater variety and number of AP courses, like AP Research, AP Government and Politics, AP Physics, and AP Macroeconomics. I’d like to take these classes as I feel they are essential for college readiness and will help me further determine my passions. Moreover, my school’s administration needs improvement, as they aren’t well at informing their students about scholarships and classes one is able to take. They should also learn to encourage their students to challenge themselves.
After being in Nanuet Senior High School I have experienced a lot and consider myself educated in how things go here. firstly, the teachers are very nice and educated. They are actually invested in their jobs and try their hardest to help their students. The same goes for the guidance counselors. They sacrifice many hours for the greater good of their students. They are very informative an will try and help students no matter the circumstances. The school has a variety of sports and clubs that help students make friends and keep them entertained .