Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Nantucket High School is an above average, public school located in Nantucket, MA. It has 532 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Nantucket High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A97 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-44 Students
- B39 Students
- B36 Students
- A+33 Students
- B26 Students
- A+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Nantucket High School Reviews
Looking back, I would describe my time at Nantucket High School as good. Going through high school is a difficult experience for any teen, and there's only so much the school can do to make that easier, but I feel like the people at NHS really tried to support their students. I would rate the overall learning environment positively, and I think that most of the teachers really care about the success of their students. Most teachers offer extra time to help students, have private conversations with students who are struggling, and maintain a good balance of work and play in the classroom. One criticism I have is the lack of resources for people who belong to a minority. I feel as though their aren't many ways for minorities to find a place of belonging among people they relate to.
What I like about Nantucket High School is that it is a high school where pretty much everyone knows each other because of Nantucket's small and close community. The things I would like to see change would be the involvement in school clubs and outside activities. A lot of students play sports, but there are also clubs that are unknown of and I would like to see more involvement in those activities.
I love the diversity of the school and getting to know so many different cultures. NHS really recognizes the different cultures at the school and represents them well. The academics are pretty good, some teachers are better than others. But overall great school and great environment.