Nampa Senior High School is a public school located in NAMPA, ID. It has 1,522 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Nampa Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B305 Students
- A-194 Students
- B-160 Students
- C145 Students
- B+90 Students
- B+84 Students
- B64 Students
- A-60 Students
- A58 Students
- A+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 122 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Nampa Senior High School Reviews
I highly highly have enjoyed my experience going to Nampa High School. Even though Nampa is considered a lesser income, more homeless rate, and a less involved community. The administration and the teachers are what makes Nampa so great. Even though Nampa High doesn't win more than 2-3 games a season in any sport, the motivation and the pride of the school always runs deep! The students are motivated and the staff keeps it that way! The heart of Nampa truly lives in those who attend it!
Nampa High School has an excellent blend of cultures. There is a variety of clubs and activities available for students to join. There is issues with some of the teachers not putting effort into teaching their students. I would recommend having the curriculum and teaching plan changed regarding what some of the teachers are teaching. Academic wise, not very many kids are motivated to succeed and put an effort into school. That being said, for the kids who work hard and want to succeed in school, various AP and CP classes are offered. The school has excellent school spirit, and that is reflected at school assemblies and athletic events.
My experience at Nampa High has been better than most. I have met amazing friends and have had great teachers. Like most schools, however, there is an issue with inappropriate misconduct, an example of this being a scandal involving most of the sophmore class of this year. If there were one thing I could change it would be to give the arts program more attention to which they deserve. Nampa has two prides, the football team and the marching band. While receiving funding is almost impossible for Nampa high at the district level, they get the most fundraising money because they get more attention. Even other sports are not as advertised but the arts programs are especially neglected. This is a little frustrated when you've been in choir for 4 years and the pianos don't get tuned for years.