Muskegon High School is a public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Muskegon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+153 Students
- A148 Students
- B135 Students
- C124 Students
- B+121 Students
- A+95 Students
- B82 Students
- B-79 Students
- B+72 Students
- B-45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Muskegon High School
- NGMuskegon Community Education Center
- Muskegon Public Schools, MI
- 3 reviews
- B-Oakridge High School
- Oakridge Public Schools, MI
- 91 reviews
- C+Holton High School
- Holton Public Schools, MI
- 64 reviews
- B-Reeths-Puffer High School
- Reeths-Puffer Schools, MI
- 247 reviews
Muskegon High School Reviews
At Muskegon high school, anybody who graduated from there is proud to be an alumni. By getting this scholarship, I am able to go to college being a proud alumni from Muskegon high school with my books paid for!
I enjoyed my experience at Muskegon High School. Something that made Muskegon High School special is their sports programs. Muskegon's football and basketball team brings lots of pride to the school. Another thing I enjoyed during my experience is being in band. Muskegon has a very involved and dedicated band program. I have been a part of it all four of my years attending Muskegon High School. When it comes to sports and clubs, Muskegon is a great school to attend. They give students lots of opportunities in following their dreams, and taking their hobbies to a college level. I wouldn't trade my experience at Muskegon High School for anything.
I didn’t start my freshman year at Muskegon High School, so I thought it would be scary surrounding myself with a new environment. The things I heard about the area was petty negative. Most outsider downsized the school, the instructors, and the students. When I attended my first day I realized that all the gossip was untrue. I was given a friendly tour around the school. As I walked into class I was greeted by the entire class and the teacher. I felt more welcomed there than I did at any other school I’ve attended. As the year went on I realized that the teacher gave up an incredible amount of time, before and after school, making sure that students were understanding the concept throughout the whole week. The school it’s self hold so much history and lots of different sceneries. Muskegon has a family like environment that anyone no matter who you would enjoy because of its people, pride, and education.