COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
You will find communication regarding COVID-19 by visiting our website. Learn More
Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Muskego High School is a highly rated, public school located in Muskego, WI. It has 1,638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Muskego High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+257 Students
- B199 Students
- A128 Students
- B125 Students
- A-120 Students
- B117 Students
- A-110 Students
- B-79 Students
- B68 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Muskego High School
- A-Kettle Moraine High School
- Kettle Moraine School District, WI
- 222 reviews
- AHamilton High School
- Hamilton School District, WI
- 215 reviews
- AMukwonago High School
- Mukwonago School District, WI
- 259 reviews
- A+Pewaukee High School
- Pewaukee School District, WI
- 232 reviews
Muskego High School Reviews
MHS has exemplary academics and co-curriculars. They offer over 20 AP courses and have affiliations with colleges where students earn college credit while in high school. Last year, 92% of seniors graduated having taken one or more college-level course: AP, CAPP, WCTC Transcripted credit, etc. Additionally, there are many clubs and co-curricular. They are known for being very competitive in several sports, and even have been recognized at the State level in football, track, cross country, gymnastics, and forensics - just to name a few. If music is an area of interest, MHS has one of the largest marching bands in the State (over 300 students). They rock the house, literally.
Attending school at Muskego was extremely rough for someone who struggles with a variety of mental disorders such as myself. It is a textbook example of how the public school system finds a method of teaching that works for a general group of people and clings to it desperately for years and years, only to shove those struggling to succeed further under the water. However, if you kick and scream loud enough, Muskego does have a significant amount of resources available; it's simply a matter of obtaining them. I was lucky to be able to attend a school with enough resources and options to give me a chance to succeed, but the environment itself was not great.
The academics at Muskego High School are excellent and really allow students to learn throughout their high school experience! Something that Muskego High School is lacking is a diverse and open-minded environment that allows students to grow into the individual they wish to become without judgment. Like other schools, Muskego High School has strengths and weaknesses, but it is all about how the school chooses to improve those weaknesses.