Murray High School is an above average, public school located in Murray, UT. It has 1,415 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Murray High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A412 Students
- B+277 Students
- C+237 Students
- B-209 Students
- B+143 Students
- B140 Students
- A+129 Students
- B-104 Students
- C+96 Students
- B-95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Murray High School Reviews
My experience at Murray High was a great one! Lots of excellent teachers and a lot for college classes. I was able to be prepared for college here at Murray. Murray is a great place with good people! There were some things I struggled with (just like everywhere). I was a little disappointed in the assistance on occasion that counsolers gave for classes and college applications. Overall, a great school.
Murray High School, was a great place to be for me to learn and grow was a student and as a person. The theater department at Murray is wonderful and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I have spent the last three years calling our theater home. While Murray may be a wonderful place to learn and grow there are some problems with it, there's not really a sense of community within the school, and while we may not have a bullying problem we certainly aren't connected in a way that would benefit individuals or the community. Our school's citizenship policy causes our graduation rates to go down and punishes instead of rewards which is a system that does more harm than good. I have enjoyed my time here at Murray, the teaching staff and school counselors helped to push me to be a better student as well as a better person.
I have loved high school here. I took a lot of Concurrent classes partnered with SLCC and they are very well set up. I have loved my teachers here. From what I have seen, bullying isn't a major problem at Murray. There are some bully's and problems but it is not as bad as some other schools I have heard about. It is a great school to go. Murray is a very family centered and friendly community.