Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Murray High School is a highly rated, public school located in Murray, KY. It has 474 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Murray High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B143 Students
- B+77 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Murray High School Reviews
I just moved to Murray High two years ago, but I have absolutely fallen in love! I have learned so much in my past two years, and quite honestly, I wish I could have attended my entire school career. The teachers are all very down to earth and helpful, and the overall environment is friendly and welcoming. I am always encouraged and excited to join new extra curricular activities, and the parents are always involved. My classes are all interactive and hey, the school lunch isn't too bad, either!
Murray High School has given me an opportunity to grow in an academic, athletic, and artistic standing. Many of the students here are involved with at least one extra curricular activity. The involvement brings a connection between people that cannot be replaced. There is a strong emphasis on art in the school with a greatly supported art and music program. The teachers and staff are all friendly and welcomes all, regardless of a person's background and beliefs. There is something for everyone here.
The teachers here are so loving and nurturing. They will provide you with the one-on-one attention you need, and they work hard to build a personal connection with all of their students.