Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Murray County Central High School is an above average, public school located in Slayton, MN. It has 332 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Murray County Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- B43 Students
- A32 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+20 Students
- B15 Students
- B+15 Students
- A14 Students
- B+13 Students
- C+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Murray County Central High School Reviews
Murray County Central has a great atmosphere with teachers who really care about their students. The curriculum could be improved to cater to higher achieving students and provide better resources to prepare for college.
Have really good teachers and have a good incentive for the kids if the district achieves the MCA goal the last half day before Christmas they let us watch movies, play fun games, etc. They finally got chromebooks for every department in the school and is very beneficial. They also offer CollegeNow classes which is classes taught in high school for college credit.
I loved Murray County Central. They have great teachers, mold very well with the learning styles of students, and the teachers and other staff really care about their students. If I were able to change something about Murray County Central High School, it would be the lack of diversity. Although Slayton, Minnesota is predominantly white, there are minorities as well. I feel as thought the cultures of those minorities were not embraced enough, and students were not educated in them enough.