Murphysboro High School is an above average, public school located in Murphysboro, IL. It has 625 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
50 Blackwood Dr
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Murphysboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B80 Students
- C+51 Students
- A+27 Students
- B23 Students
- B21 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A12 Students
- B9 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Murphysboro High School
- BDuQuoin High School
- Duquoin Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 24 reviews
- A-Carterville High School
- Carterville Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 110 reviews
- B-Trico Senior High School
- Trico Community Unit School District No. 176, IL
- 5 reviews
- B-Elverado High School
- Elverado Community Unit School District No. 196, IL
- 9 reviews
Murphysboro High School Reviews
Murphysboro has a great staff, principal, and is just a great atmosphere. Murphysboro is currently getting a brand new auditorium. The lunches are free but some of them are not the best. Murphysboro overall is a great school!
Murphysboro High School offered a wide variety of clubs and sports. During my years as a student, the school added a new club or sport almost every year. Soccer teams for both genders were added my Sophomore year, while a Trap Shooting Club was funded and would begin next school year. Students were very involved in the activities offered. Many of the school's teams were very successful, including the Football team going to Playoffs multiple times, the Band going undefeated for five consecutive years, and our soccer team winning Regional in only their second season.
I never knew another school besides the ones in Murphysboro school district, I called it home. Like everything, it had it’s flaws. Being in a small town, drama and politics ran rapid, as well as immaturity and unfairness by the higher up figures. Other than that, the hometown spirit and support was always evident, giving a prideful essence.