Munster High School is an elite, public school located in Munster, IN. It has 1,522 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Munster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A322 Students
- A+246 Students
- B152 Students
- B+139 Students
- A89 Students
- C+67 Students
- A-63 Students
- B-60 Students
- A-57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Munster High School
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 353 reviews
- A-Lake Central High School
- Lake Central School Corporation, IN
- 679 reviews
- AHomewood-Flossmoor High School
- Public School
- Flossmoor, IL
- 786 reviews
- AEvergreen Park High School
- Public School
- Evergreen Park, IL
- 139 reviews
Munster High School Reviews
My experience at Munster High School was great! There's a phonomonal marching band, lots of sport activities, and fun clubs to join. If I could change anything about that school I would like to have the teachers train more in taking notes and lecturing. They're great but sometimes it's inconsistent on who's great and who's not.
Munster High School is an outstanding place with outstanding students and faculty. Throughout my four years here, nothing has ever left a bad taste in my mouth. The facilities are very nice, specifically the brand new pool, it was great to be able to swim during the school day in gym class in such a nice pool. The variety of after school activities are also endless. I've participated in unique clubs such as American Sign Language club, ping pong club, Gay Straight Alliance, poetry club, and many others. The staff is very friendly and I rarely had a teacher that was unpleasant. I believe Munster High School is the best at preparing students for college and providing them with all the essential tools necessary for success.
Munster High School, in short, is a very good school, both academically and athletically. Most teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful, although there are a few who seem to be just there for the paycheck. Munster High is one of the only schools in Indiana without prior review for the Journalism department, which is a BIG plus. The only real problem I have with Munster High is that it is a good school and I feel as though they are not willing to change anything in hopes that keeping everything the same will result in the same score as previous years.