Munster High School is a top rated, public school located in Munster, IN. It has 1,510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Munster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A450 Students
- A+329 Students
- B189 Students
- B+185 Students
- A-131 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-90 Students
- B-85 Students
- A-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Munster High School
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 383 reviews
- ALake Central High School
- Lake Central School Corporation, IN
- 724 reviews
- AHomewood-Flossmoor High School
- Public School
- Flossmoor, IL
- 901 reviews
- AEvergreen Park High School
- Public School
- Evergreen Park, IL
- 160 reviews
Munster High School Reviews
My experience in Munster High School is great. I met friends for a lifetime and I receive a stellar education. I love the teachers and staff of Munster High School. The teachers care about their students and prepare their students well for college. The classes are rigorous yet exciting. Some things that need change is the building itself, I believe. Throughout the building, there are numerous leaks, and the carpet needs a replacement. My school is aware of this, and many renovations have taken place, but more need to be done. Overall, Munster High School, a top-rated high school in the US, delivers an unforgettable experience for students!
Munster High School has allowed me to succeed in all facets of life. The experience at Munster High School has been great to say the least. The teachers are all very receptive to students' questions and the resources available to the students and teachers are top-notch. Each classroom has a projector and classes are done mostly online. Each student is provided a Dell Labtop that have tons of different applications installed on them. The sports team allows students the best opportunity to advance to the next level, and prepares students with valuable leadership skills, such as time-management and initiative. Munster High School knows how to prepare its student for the road ahead.
High school at Munster was great! It provided me with ample opportunity. There were loads of clubs, classes, and sports to keep me involved. Also, many of the teachers cared about the overall success of their students. I did very well in my years at Munster High School, and I believe it is due to the teachers and clubs I was involved in. If there was one thing I would like to see different at Munster, them encouraging students to get jobs and volunteer more, since these are some of the things colleges look for in their prospective students. Also, maybe they could announce places in the area that are hiring or looking for volunteers.