Munster High School is a top rated, public school located in Munster, IN. It has 1,487 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Munster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A368 Students
- A+274 Students
- B168 Students
- B+154 Students
- A101 Students
- A-80 Students
- C+79 Students
- B-71 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 97 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Munster High School
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 363 reviews
- A-Lake Central High School
- Lake Central School Corporation, IN
- 693 reviews
- AHomewood-Flossmoor High School
- Public School
- Flossmoor, IL
- 836 reviews
- AEvergreen Park High School
- Public School
- Evergreen Park, IL
- 144 reviews
Munster High School Reviews
High school at Munster was great! It provided me with ample opportunity. There were loads of clubs, classes, and sports to keep me involved. Also, many of the teachers cared about the overall success of their students. I did very well in my years at Munster High School, and I believe it is due to the teachers and clubs I was involved in. If there was one thing I would like to see different at Munster, them encouraging students to get jobs and volunteer more, since these are some of the things colleges look for in their prospective students. Also, maybe they could announce places in the area that are hiring or looking for volunteers.
Overall, I had a great experience at Munster High School. There are several extracurricular activities ranging from music, culture clubs, and sports. I participated in numerous activities throughout my four years which created strong friendships and numerous amusing memories. I felt like I received an excellent education that has prepared me well for college, especially the AP classes. The majority of the teachers genuinely care for their students. I connected well with most of the teachers I had; however, some teachers need more training. Though there are few, some teachers appear to be underqualified and unmotivated to teach. Another small issue I experienced was the students. They can be cliquey, but students eventually find their niche.
My experience at Munster High School was great! There's a phonomonal marching band, lots of sport activities, and fun clubs to join. If I could change anything about that school I would like to have the teachers train more in taking notes and lecturing. They're great but sometimes it's inconsistent on who's great and who's not.