Muncie Central High School is a public school located in Muncie, IN. It has 1,469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Muncie Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+239 Students
- A131 Students
- A+72 Students
- B-53 Students
- B42 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+38 Students
- B28 Students
- NG27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Muncie Central High School
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 79 reviews
- BMonroe Central Junior/Senior High School
- Monroe Central School Corporation, IN
- 39 reviews
- C+Union Junior/Senior High School
- Union School Corporation, IN
- 38 reviews
- B-Cowan High School
- Cowan Community School Corporation, IN
- 28 reviews
Muncie Central High School Reviews
I thoroughly enjoying my time as a Bearcat! The classes are rigorous and I am an AP student. The teachers and administration work hard at making sure the students have a safe and comfortable learning environment. Classes are done online and each student receives a chromebook. The only downside is that some kids ruin the learning experience by being disruptive. Other than that, great school that is put in a negative light.
The thing that has always made my memories of Muncie Central High School positive were definitely the teachers. It was always obvious that they cared and were very passionate about the subjects that they were teaching, especially in the Honors programs. Many of the teachers did an excellent job of preparing me for college. The school was not always in the greatest shape, and it was not always organized or able to provide us with a lot of resources to help us outside of school, but the teachers more than made up for that. They always went the extra mile to bridge the gap that the school system itself did not provide.
Muncie Central is a diverse and community driven school. They teach their students more than just what is in a textbook- they show the students how to give back to the community with programs like their laundry services where members of the community and students can come in at designated times to do their laundry. The academics were fairly good, some classes were definitely more challenging than others and the faculty really showed me that they cared and that they were invested in the students. The school even offers the option to enroll in a program where it's students will graduate with an associates degree and allows them college classes and credit. I would like to see some of the culture improved, as it can be a bit hectic with student created drama. Sports, some of them like football, could benefit from better head coaching staff and some of the facilities could use an update or a face lift.