Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Mulvane High School is a public school located in Mulvane, KS. It has 533 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Mulvane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-131 Students
- A95 Students
- A-80 Students
- C+61 Students
- B59 Students
- B58 Students
- B+46 Students
- B38 Students
- B34 Students
- A28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Mulvane High School
- C+Douglass High School
- Douglass Public Schools, KS
- 37 reviews
- B-Belle Plaine High School
- Belle Plaine Unified School District, KS
- 35 reviews
- B-Rose Hill High School
- Rose Hill Public Schools, KS
- 138 reviews
- B-Clearwater High School
- Clearwater Unified School District, KS
- 49 reviews
Mulvane High School Reviews
There are some good teachers and some bad. The English department acts like the high school students. The school is all about tradition. The school is underfunded. I feel like the school didn’t prepare me for college. The new principal isn’t as involved as the last, and definitely doesn’t care about tradition. The school is mostly white, which can cause some racial issues.
I attended MHS for four years. I made good grades and played sports. My experience there was good. The one thing I think the kids would benefit from is more college prep classes and more job prep classes. They need a mandatory class that would make students get out and explore career options by visiting different types of schools and job shadowing a variety of fields. I also think kids would benefit from a class preparing them for being an adult. PE and Art classes are always required. MHS need a class that would incorporate a variety of things that you will need to be a successful function adult.
MHS is small enough that you won’t get lost in. The teaching staff will know who you are and how to assist you to grow. MHS is big enough that has many educational opportunities for all students. A student will not get bored here. Athletics, music, medical, mathematics are a few areas they will help you with.