Mtn Home High Career Academics is an above average, public, charter school located in Mountain Home, AR. It has 1,197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A142 Students
- B119 Students
- B90 Students
- B72 Students
- B42 Students
- A-32 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-28 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Mtn Home High Career Academics
Mtn Home High Career Academics Reviews
Small selection of AP classes, but generally had a very good experience with AP teachers. Unfortunately, a good amount of class time per year was taken up by career academy-related activities which had little relevance to school curriculum.
The quality of some of the teachers here goes above and beyond of what is expected of them. One teacher brought my failing grade to an A by consistently helping me early in the mornings before school started. Another teacher who taught an AP science class acknowledged there was cheating in the classroom and somehow managed to ignore it. Many kids didnt earn their "real" grade while the students who refused to cheat received B's and even C's. He didnt seem to care about the academic success of his students, nor did he ever pursue giving extra help to struggling students.
There is such a variety of extracurricular activities available to all students. It is truly amazing what all is available. We have all kinds of sports. Tons of clubs and organizations such as HOSA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Key Club, National Honor Society, German, Spanish and French Clubs, Student Council, Newspaper, Yearbook and much more. Since there is such great teacher involvement, it makes the organizations fun and many students participate.