Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Mt. Zion High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Zion, IL. It has 759 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Mt. Zion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B113 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade C+79 Students
- grade B72 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade B+51 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- Football Games19%
- Homecoming week17%
- Basketball and Volleyball games4%
- My all-time favorite events are my soccer games.4%
- School Plays4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,082 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 24 responses
Schools like Mt. Zion High School
- grade B+Central A&M High School
- Central A&M Community Unit School District No. 21, IL
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade B minusMeridian High School
- Meridian Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade BSangamon Valley High School
- Sangamon Valley Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 20 reviews
- grade B minusWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 44 reviews
Mt. Zion High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 154 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Mt. Zion High School was not a bad school by any means. I would definitely say that most of the teachers there are amazing, but the some of the other staff members and some teachers give you that feeling like they don't want to be there. I feel like you should enjoy being around kids if you are working directly with them everyday and preparing them for the rest of their lives. High School prepares you for the most important time of your life and I feel you should have good examples set around you to promote success and encourage them to learn and prepare.
To be perfectly honest, the education here is top quality. The English and History departments are flawless, Math has strong teachers, and the Science is fine. Even though the education is great, most sports are on par with the level of excellence. The people are your typical small-town Midwesterners but are for the most part a jolly bunch. The school spirit and opportunities are abundant and most of the teachers seem to genuinely care for the students.
The school offers a range of opportunities and has really high end programs. If you want to take a class related to a career you would like to pursue, chances are that mount zion most likely has that class. If you are interested in after school activities, mount zion offers a very wide range of clubs and sports to make anyone feel welcome.