Mt. Zion High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Zion, IL. It has 784 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Mt. Zion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+102 Students
- B78 Students
- A+74 Students
- C+72 Students
- B65 Students
- B58 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Mt. Zion High School
- B+Central A&M High School
- Central A&M Community Unit School District No. 21, IL
- 41 reviews
- BMeridian High School
- Meridian Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- 23 reviews
- B-Sangamon Valley High School
- Sangamon Valley Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 19 reviews
- BWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
Mt. Zion High School Reviews
To be perfectly honest, the education here is top quality. The English and History departments are flawless, Math has strong teachers, and the Science is fine. Even though the education is great, most sports are on par with the level of excellence. The people are your typical small-town Midwesterners but are for the most part a jolly bunch. The school spirit and opportunities are abundant and most of the teachers seem to genuinely care for the students.
The school offers a range of opportunities and has really high end programs. If you want to take a class related to a career you would like to pursue, chances are that mount zion most likely has that class. If you are interested in after school activities, mount zion offers a very wide range of clubs and sports to make anyone feel welcome.
I think that Mt. Zion is a great high school, with amazing teachers and students. Mt. Zion has taught me a lot and is preparing me for many wonderful out-of-school opportunities.