Mt. Vernon High School is a public school located in Mt Vernon, MO. It has 471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Mt. Vernon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B73 Students
- C59 Students
- C+33 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mt. Vernon High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Mt. Vernon High School
- BMarionville High School
- Marionville R-IX School District, MO
- 20 reviews
- B+Monett High School
- Monett R-I School District, MO
- 132 reviews
- BPierce City High School
- Pierce City R-VI School District, MO
- 48 reviews
- BAurora High School
- Aurora R-VIII School District, MO
- 40 reviews
Mt. Vernon High School Reviews
I have absolutely loved my time as a Mt. Vernon Mountaineer! The staff is incredible and you can really tell that they care about you as a student and a person, not just your grades. I wouldn't trade the last four years for the world and am very thankful for how much I've been prepared to continue my education at the college level.
Mt Vernon is a very familial school. The teachers know you personally and the small class sizes provide many opportunities for one-on-one guidance. However, fewer students also means fewer classes so you won't find particularly diverse or many upper level, AP classes. Club involvement is about average with the exception of an incredibly active and successful FFA chapter.
I love the staff and our principal. They all seem to care for the students as if we are their own child. Most of the people at our school are friendly and if you need someone to talk to someone is always there. Something I would like to see change is in the way we get taught. Most of the teachers I have had just give us work with little explanation, or they go through the lesson too fast.