Mt. Pleasant Senior High School
- MOUNT PLEASANT, MI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Mt. Pleasant Senior High School is an above average, public school located in MOUNT PLEASANT, MI. It has 1,080 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Mt. Pleasant Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B227 Students
- grade A149 Students
- grade A+97 Students
- grade B+81 Students
- grade B minus73 Students
- grade C72 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade B40 Students
- grade A37 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Mt. Pleasant Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Miles for Miracles33%
- Spirit Week8%
- Sports seasons8%
- Winter Musical8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,418 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Mt. Pleasant Senior High School
- grade BAlma Senior High School
- Alma Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade B minusClare High School
- Clare Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 108 reviews
- grade B+Beal City High School
- Beal City Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade BShepherd High School
- Shepherd Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 83 reviews
Mt. Pleasant Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.55 out of 5 121 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Mt. Pleasant High School has been great! I have been able to get a great education here, and a great opportunities with sports! We have nice facilities, and our teachers care about their students. This school is safe, and the environment is uplifting and cheerful. Our school has done a lot to bring everyone together and feel more welcome as students. We have an amazing tech center where students from surrounding schools come and learn! We offer business management, culinary, medical classes, and more. Our football stadium is very nice, and a great place to get together to watch games with the community. I would recommend coming to our school! Our teachers stay connected during this difficult time with covid, and have done a great job to make sure their students are doing well and staying on track. This school has a lot to offer, and there are many opportunities and things to do here. We have a lot of clubs, so I'm sure you could find one that you would fit well with!
I think my school is a fairly progressive school that handles social issues such as racial oppression, mental illness, and gender inequality pretty well, but that does not mean that there isn't room for improvement. My highschool gave me the standard common core education but along with that they also prepared me for real world issues like those mentioned above. I feel like lots of schools aren't made to teach you about how the world really works and instead just stick to the guidelines. Mt. Pleasant and it's teachers taught me many things about the world that I could've very easily been oblivious to.
I love the community at this school. All the teachers really put their whole hearts into every single lesson. I know that they will try to make me feel as comfortable as they can and I can always trust them. I know many people who go to schools where the teachers could care less about if the student actually goes to college or graduate and I am incredibly grateful that’s not the case here. Every single staff member works their butt of to provide the kids with what they need. However, there are moments once and a while where you will see a teacher not care. They may let you fail, not support your dreams, or even fail to embrace the next steps in our lives. That being said, this school is overall an amazing place and I’m happy to go here :).