Overall Niche Grade
Mt. Mourne School is a highly rated, public school located in Mooresville, NC. It has 450 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Mt. Mourne School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mt. Mourne School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Mt. Mourne School Reviews
As middle schools go, Mt. Mourned, is wonderful! It is a small, very academic environment in which students don't get lost in the system, can get to know their teachers well and are challenged. The IB program that has been implemented works well. Teachers work together sometimes so that projects can be applicable in two different classes. Many international elements are incorporated including all students taking a foreign language all three years. It expanded my daughters horizons and challenged her academically. It was a wonderful experience.
Very good school. Very diverse, I have no idea why the diversity score is so low. My class had about half white kids and the other half were of some other ethnicity which is a complete different experience from any other school. This school prepared me for high school very well and I had no problems with any of the teachers.
Overall, Mt. Mourne was an awesome experience that allowed me to be well prepared for continuing the Middle Year IB Programme. The school had several class choices that allowed me to be more successful with my abilities. For example, I had the choice to take 8th grade math or integrated math one.