Mt. Lebanon Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,761 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Mt. Lebanon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A384 Students
- A+303 Students
- A-176 Students
- A+144 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-84 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- AQuaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 204 reviews
- AHampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 211 reviews
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 291 reviews
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 248 reviews
Mt. Lebanon Senior High School Reviews
Mt. Lebanon is a phenomenal school for people of so many different interests. Not only are the academics wonderful, but there is this amazing school culture and sense of community that brings people of very different interests together. One example is when our principal was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the entire student section, football team, marching band, and community members all wore shirts to honor him at the first home football game. It truly is a special place with amazing academics that prepare you well for college and give you amazing opportunities, while also giving you the same opportunities outside of the classroom. Overall, the culture of just nice people combined with the opportunities makes it a great school!
At Mt. Lebanon Senior High School, the high quantity and quality of resources available, combined with the quality of the staff, gives students the tools to advance in their interests and academic endeavors. The passion and dedication of the administration create an environment that stimulates academic growth. Additionally, the school boasts excellent athletics programs, where peers of athletes are eager to participate in expressing school spirit at games and meets. Though somewhat lacking in diversity, the community provides a very warm and welcoming environment for staff and students from every walk of life.
Mt. Lebanon provided a very strong educational background, with special emphasis on English and writing skills, and exceptional (for the most part) teachers in STEM that explained concepts very well and were clearly invested in the futures of their students. There was a great deal of support from teachers, guidance counselors, and from the gifted program coordinator that allowed for good academic planning. While the environment was highly competitive, with hard work and the abundance of resources, students are readily able to thrive.