Mt. Lebanon Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Mt. Lebanon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A261 Students
- A+215 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- A+Quaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 197 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 194 reviews
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 272 reviews
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 226 reviews
Mt. Lebanon Senior High School Reviews
Mt. Lebanon High School has very strong academics at many different difficulty levels (including many AP classes). It also has many very, very strong athletics and fine arts programs that allow students to explore themselves outside the classroom. We have many outreach programs that allow students to put in community service hours and connect with the community. We also have over 100 clubs dedicated to anything and everything to help students get involved. There is, however, a certain air of arrogance among the students revolving around some of the students' socio-economic class.
I feel like the overall experience at this specific high school was both good and bad. The teachers and faculty made the students fully prepared for college and most if not all of the teachers were very nice and understanding of things going on outside of school and would do everything in there power to help those in need. One thing in particular I would like to see change is the bullying I would see all the time in the hallways. You would tell certain teachers who would do something about it and contact the principal, but to be honest the principal didn't do much. It saddens me to see people get tortured everyday and not get the help they need, many of these bullies tend to be teachers favorites as well so you could see where the problem would be there. Other than the bullying, the education is outstanding and they help you achieve the goals and skills needed to get to college and to get through life.
I would definitely choose this school over others because of the great education, teachers, and student life. One of my favorite events that my school puts on twice a year is our spirit assembly! All the students sit with the kids from their elementary school and each school puts up students to compete in different, fun events! The school who does the best in the events wins! That is just one of the many amazing experiences that I have had during my time at Mt. Lebanon High School.