Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mt. Gilead High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Gilead, OH. It has 318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Mt. Gilead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- A-36 Students
- B27 Students
- B24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B21 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Mt. Gilead High School
- B-Highland High School
- Highland Local School District (Sparta), OH
- 88 reviews
- BRiver Valley High School
- River Valley Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
- B-Galion High School
- Galion City School District, OH
- 47 reviews
- C+Col Crawford High School
- Colonel Crawford Local School District, OH
- 64 reviews
Mt. Gilead High School Reviews
My high school experience at Mount Gilead would be described as the average high school experience. I’ve played multiple sports, so I was always at a sporting event cheering on classmates. At a small town school sports were the townspeople would come out for. Even though we were never the greatest the same people came to support every game. The academics at my high school were poor, we lost funding for AP classes and other electives. The teachers are amazing and really care about the students but the overall administration is very disheartening, school spirit is rarely found by the administration and never seem to make the right decision on funding, new coaches, and other tasks. My high school is in a very small rural community. With that there is very little diversity in the student body. We currently have two African American kids in our high school, and five Hispanics.
I liked the how close everyone in the school is because Mt. Gilead is so small. Most teachers here seem to care about the students and will invest time into you so that you can learn the subject. Overall, what I will like to see change is the diversity in not just the high school, but also the town. Since this town is mostly white, there is a lot of close mindedness in the overall town. I have heard comments about other races and ethnicities from my peers, so I think more diversity will help them open up. Also I would like to see more classes at Mt. Gilead high school. Although I was somewhat challenged, I feel like I missed the opportunity to take some classes that some people are taking at other schools.
Overall my experience with this school is short. I haven't been here long. But I have had amazing experiences. There are always a few quirks that these kinds of things come with. There are a few classes I wish I could take but have now been taken out of my academics. Overall the staff and administration is very good. The principal is a wonderful person and every teacher is amazing. The school board is a bit questionable on some of the cases that they have brought to the communities attention. Overall the students, staff, and everything in between is a wonderful experience.